Thursday, March 16, 2017

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

I'm glad you stopped by Foodie Friday and Everything Else. The sun is streaming through the windows, but the wind is nippy, the kind that makes me want to drink hot, lemony tea and burrow under flannel blankets. Me, I don't like cold snaps. I have to continually remind myself about the Temperature of Happiness, so I'll throw off those blankets and step outside. 
This week's featured blogger has been a contributor to Foodie Friday and Everything Else for many years: the amazing Betty, author of the beautiful blog, My Cozy Corner.


Betty's talents are as magnificent and plentiful as her generous spirit. She loves tea time, gardening, friendship, and family. I'm proud to know her.

Her blog's tagline says it all: "Living retirement in a joyous way."
You'll find joy in every corner of My Cozy Corner. In all the years I've known Betty, she is generous and joyful, the kind of friend you'd love to visit over tea and shortbread (and talk about Downton Abbey and Victoria).



"I'm a wife, mother, sister and friend," Betty says."I have been married over 50 years. We have three children and six granddaughters have blessed our life. I love homemaking, traveling, blogging and gardening. Tea time is a wonderful part of my day and I hope you enjoy your visit ♥."



Highlights from last week's party include:

Spring Projects + Interior Inspiration
Spring Kitchen Tour by Cherished Bliss

From left:  Concrete Easter Eggs by Consumer Crafts; Indoor Azaleas by Just Jan


Photography
When it comes to photography, the soul of the photographer shines through her work. Prepare to be inspired by a collection of sunrises and sunsets by Living With Thanksgiving


Cooking


From left: French Onion Soup Dumplings Recipe by Lydia Out Loud; Easy Baileys Chocolate Pudding by What the Fork.

Nature
The Life of a Squirrel by Gentle Joy Photography

St. Patrick's Day Inspiration
from left: The Traveling Irish Topper by Mountain Breaths; 17+ Irish Recipes and Inspiration by Home Is Where the Boat Is.

Easy Decor for St. Patrick's Day by Frog Prince Paperie.



The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines: 

 **Old and new posts are welcome. Post as many as you like.

 **To make your busy days easier, there are no mandatory links to the party, Rattlebridge Farm, or follows on social media.
.
 **Would you like to share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST? Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message.

 **If you need more information about the party, an UPDATED GUIDE is available HERE or by clicking the "Share"/Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting. Lovely features.
    Have a nice weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a corned beef in the crockpot, but that sirloin tip roast looks amazing! Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michael Lee, I haven't been to My Cozy Corner, I will go for a visit! Thanks for hosting, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing my St. Paddy's Day round up. I highly recommend a little Irish cream in your coffee to keep warm this weekend. ☘️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feature on my sunrises and sunsets. I hope I never get over the thrill of each one. Just this morning I was stopped in my tracks at the majestic sunrise.
    I enjoyed all the features today.
    Glad it's warming up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't dip too low, but definitely a bit colder here for a bit. We snuggled in by a fire with a cup of hot chocolate. Happiness!
    Thanks for hosting and thanks for featuring Betty. I've long enjoyed visiting her blog. Old friends!
    I think I'll take Mary's advice and fix myself a coffee with a touch of Irish cream. Happy St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michael :)

    Don't drop dead, but I joined the party this week lol Thank you for hosting, my sweet friend.

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing my post, Michael Lee. We seem to be ahead of a lot of the country with spring blooms. Hopefully soon everyone will be enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Michael Lee for sharing my post. I'm heading over to My Cozy Corner to say hello. Thanks for hosting, and Happy St. Patrick's Day! We had 34" of snow from Stella but it's very cozy indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! Was I surprised to see my face on your blog. LOL. Today is my son's birthday. The one jumping rope at my husband's birthday party last Saturday. I am so blessed. In the old days I scrap booked all our family events, but now I blog family gatherings, tea time and vacations for eternity. Thank you for sharing my story to all your wonderful followers.
    Love
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for featuring my Baileys Chocolate Pudding recipe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy St Patrick's Day, Michael! It's so nice to get to know Betty better, and I'm loving the features this week, as always! This is such a beautiful blog party. This week I've shared a blog post I worked on with a fellow blogger, my friend Sandi of Fearless Dining. I'm visiting California again and we've become friends on my frequent visits here. This time, she invited me to cook in her kitchen and learn more about gluten free baking. We had such fun and I've posted my first gluten free recipe - Gluten Free Blackberry and Apple Scones! Have a lovely weekend, and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love the format of your party, Michael Lee, with the featured blogger and the highlights. It makes it all so special. Thanks for hosting and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those French Onion Soup Dumplings look so delicious. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dropping off my Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for Foodie Friday and Everything Else, appreciated.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate this weather, all of our flowers are now brown! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm waiting for this late winter snow to melt off, but it looks like temps are going up again for the weekend! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michael, such a nicely written introduction to Betty's lovely blog! I knew A Cozy Corner already and love visiting her. She deserves to be specially featured!
    I am just participating in your party for the second time with a post about my love of stock in my garden. Hope you and your reader enjoy my post!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always a great way to end the week, by joining the party here, Michael Lee. Thank you so much, and have a great weekend. Slainte!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the feature! Happy St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for hosting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete